- Scoop out the potatoes and mix in a bowl with cheddar, garlic, turkey, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Crush all the ingredients with a fork until they are interrelated. Beat the egg and pour onto a plate. Place breadcrumbs in another plate.
- Take 12 tablespoons of the mixture to the potatoes and roll to make 12 meatballs.
- Dip in egg and breadcrumbs and set aside until ready to fry.
- Heat oil to 175 oC (350 oF) and gently place each croquette.
- Fry 4 or 5 at a time until brown and crisp.
- Keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
Creamy chipotle dip: Place all ingredients in food processor and mix. Makes 250 ml (1 cup)
- 250 ml (1 cup) light sour cream
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Liquid honey
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper