Pizza pie turkey enchilada
Preparation: 15 min / Portions: 5 / Level: Beginner
- 4 tortillas 17 cm (7 inch)
- 250 ml (1 cup) of sliced cooking onions
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped green peppers
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped red peppers
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- Canola oil 15 ml (1 tbsp.)
- 250 ml (1 cup) shredded cheddar
- 250 ml (1 cup) shredded Monterey Jack
- 8 oz (250 g) cooked turkey, cut into thin strips (chest)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) thick salsa, well drained
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped cilantro
- 80 ml (1/2 cup) chopped black or green olives
- Get a pie plate of 23 cm (9 in) and place a whole tortilla inthe middle and two halves around the walls.
- Sauté the onions and the peppers in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix cheeses together. Overlaying half of the cheese, half of the turkey and a tortillain the pot pie. Cover with the vegetables, the remaining turkey, the salsa, cilantro and the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 200°C (400°F) for 15 to 20 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with olives. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into parts.
- Serve with slices of avocado and tomato on shredded lettuce or refried beans.